Premade pizza dough (I go with Trader Joe's)
Premade pizza sauce (Again, we usually go with TJ's)
BBQ Sauce (Stephen insists that Sweet Baby Ray's is the best)
Canned pineapple chunks
Canned artichoke hearts (in water)
Onion (sauté first - or they won't be cooked through)
Beyond Meat Chicken Strips (we go with lightly seasoned)
If you wanna get fancy
Red pepper flakes
Mushrooms (sauté first - or they won't be cooked through)
Garlic cloves (roast or sauté first - or they won't be cooked through)
INSTRUCTIONS1. Strain the pineapple chunks and chop them into smaller bits. Let them kinda dry out while you do everything else or the pizza can get soggy.
2. Roll the dough out. This is the most annoying part. Let it warm up a bit.
Throw some flour on the counter so it doesn't stick. If you want to get fancy, add a little cornmeal (1/4 cup), it adds a nice crunch. If you don't have one, invest in a rolling pin. Or struggle with your hands :)
3. I like to put the rolled-out dough on a foil-wrapped cookie sheet. Easy clean up.
4. Sauce it up: The ratio is about 2/3 pizza sauce + 1/3 BBQ sauce.
5. Add all of the toppings you like.
6. Bake! It usually takes about 15 minutes.
Let it sit for a few minutes when you take it out or it's sloppy cutting it. I can never wait, but good luck to you!
NUTRITIONAL INFOWith wheat dough, 3/4 cup pizza sauce, 1/3 cup BBQ sauce, 1/4 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup mushrooms, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup onion, 1/4 cup artichoke hearts
Total calories: 1,233
Per Slice (9 slices)
Post a Comment